HairTG - Strand for Substance Designer 2019.3 is a limited version of HairTG - Hair & Fur supporting the Freestyle mode and a single strand.
Join our Discord server to ask questions, chat and share you work!
Hair & Fur tutorial videos
These videos are about Hair & Fur but several topics they cover are also found in Strand.
Part 1: SD intro, basic Hair & Fur concepts and output maps
Part 2: Hair & Fur parameters continued
Part 3: Colorization
Part 4: Tiling and map usage in Toolbag and UE4
Part 5: 7 hair design examples
Part 6: New features in version 2.5
New in version 2.5
This version is based on the Hair & Fur 2.5 core:
- Infinite Hair: joins the last and first control points to create a continuous curve, ideal to make hair bun cards. The Depth Profile Substance has also been upgraded to support vertical tiling in order to prevent any issue with depth continuity when Infinite Hair is being used.
- Gradient map can now use the alpha pattern.
- Flow map filtering is now disabled by default.
- Outputs: only Depth map is enabled by default (make sure your other maps are still enabled after an upgrade).
- Fixed missing display of the first pattern of a curve.
- Fixed usage of custom patterns in some cases.
- Several parameters have now a step of 0.001 instead of 0.01 enabling finer adjustments.
New in version 2.1
This version is based on the Hair & Fur 2.1 core from which it inherits most features except those involving multiple strands. It is to be used with Substance Designer 2019.2 or above. Below are the major new features found in 2.1:
- A powerful Modulation section with sine and triangle based modulation functions, frequency and amplitude settings including randomization options, frequency modulation, amplitude fade, multiple types of sine-based modulation etc.
- Three parameter display modes, Basic, Limited and Full Controls enabling users to progressively get familiar with the functionalities.
- Colorization features to colorize the strand along its lengths in various ways.
- Depth Profile management is now handled as an independent Substance, leaving users the possibility to modify depth profile textures before passing them to Strand.
- Four default patterns and dynamic pattern sizing enabling to reduce the iteration count and drive various effects such as fluff.
- The Flow map generation has been improved regarding accuracy and edge management. It is also possible to generate a background for it, either solid or using dilation.
- The Utility output can now display any map with an optional overlay showing control point locations (control point overlay requires usage of a single parent strand).
- User Manual update, easier to get into and containing many illustrations.
- Drawing of a single strand, pattern based, to be positioned with 10 movable control points into the 2D view of Substance Designer.
- Outputs Mask, Alpha, ID, Depth, Color, Flow (with oriented background), Gradient Ramp maps.
- Strand thickness control independently at root and tip, with midpoint and three variation types: Linear, Cosine and Xn (n configurable).
- Support for automatic and user-provided depth profiles (to generate the Depth map).
- Automatic depth profiles are controlled by frequency (number of variations) and a random amplitude amount. Depth profile can be visualized as a curve to ease their design.
- The strand start/end/height is configurable.
- A powerful Modulation section with Sine and triangle based modulation functions, frequency and amplitude settings including randomization options, frequency modulation, amplitude fade, multiple types of sine-based modulation etc.
- Infinite hair feature joining the first a last control points to create a continuous curve.
- A fade effect (Alpha and Color outputs) can be applied to the strand’s root and tip. The fade amounts for root and tip are configurable as well as the position of a midpoint separating the two. The fading effect also has a controllable randomization factor so all strands may not fade at the same location.
- Strand thickness for Mask, ID and Flow maps can be adjusted.
- Utility to visualize Flow map directions with a choice of two direction patterns and 5 sizes.
- Grayscale and color custom patterns are supported for drawing strands in addition to a default grayscale pattern.
- Pattern iteration count per curve part is configurable.
- Pattern can be rotated function of the curve flow and dynamically sized.
Content of the pack
- HairTG - Strand in sbsar format
- HairTG - Depth Profile in sbsar format
- Template SBS file
- User Manual
- Release Notes
- License notice and disclaimer
This product is using a license for personal use and single commercial project use with a maximum of 2000 sales or 20000 views. Only the end-products (the textures) created with this tool can be used under these above mentioned conditions, the tool itself cannot be redistributed or sold.
If you need a commercial license, please check HairTG - Hair & Fur.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.